By Barbara Safani, Rajesh Setty
Do you need to understand in a nutshell what it takes to marketplace your self in a aggressive activity marketplace and get extra of what you will have? '#JOBSEARCHtweet' offers a hundred and forty digestible sound bites for doing simply that. in precisely a hundred pages you are going to achieve compelling insights on find out how to construct a robust resume and canopy letter, interact employers with a value-added thanks letter, paintings with recruiters, leverage your community either on-line and offline to resource key determination makers, interview authentically, optimistically, and comfortably, and negotiate a strong repayment package deal.
during this well timed and crucial ebook, Barbara Safani stocks her services culled from over fifteen years event in profession administration, recruiting, government training, and organizational improvement for either Fortune a hundred businesses in addition to with contributors. because the proprietor of occupation Solvers and a widely-published writer of articles on profession recommendation and triple-certified resume author, Safani understands first-hand the concepts and secrets and techniques to coping with a profitable activity seek, together with:
- Resume writing, conceal letter, and thanks letter assistance that may be applied instantly.
- Traditional and on-line networking concepts which could construct efficiencies into your seek and get you spotted by means of determination makers.
- Interview assistance that place you as an genuine, value-driven candidate.
- Pointers for negotiating for what you will have and deserve.
- General activity seek insights to maintain you stimulated and relocating ahead.
A not-to-be ignored addition to the bookshelves of energetic activity seekers in addition to humans drawn to dealing with their profession, '#JOBSEARCHtweet' will supply readers every little thing they should be one step prior to the contest via confirmed options for achievement.
'#JOBSEARCHtweet' is a part of the THINKaha sequence whose 100-page books comprise one hundred forty well-thought out fees (tweets/ahas).
Read Online or Download 140 Job Search Nuggets for Managing Your Career and Landing Your Dream Job PDF
Best job hunting books
You are a savvy, up-and-coming expert, yet you are clever sufficient to grasp you do not have all of the solutions. whether your boss or one other colleague may well qualify as a mentor, she or he is simply as busy as you're and does not have the time to handle even part your questions. yet you are in good fortune, simply because you have got The transportable Mentor, a one-stop source full of hundreds and hundreds of bite-sized information and techniques for facing your entire matters.
* the main necessary, present, and finished occupation reference to be had! * extra activity descriptions than the other book—nearly 8,000! * effortless to use—organized round the straightforward constitution of the ''Occupational Outlook guide! '' Readers can locate almost every thing lower than the sunlight with recognize to activity descriptions and info during this 5th version of the ''Enhanced Occupational Outlook guide.
* Covers searches for all school, employees, and administrative positions* Emphasizes aligning hires to departmental and institutional ambitions* Describes confirmed practices for profitable outcomesSuccessful educational searches, the place excessive quality university school and directors are recruited and retained, are severe to the energy and sustainability of each establishment.
The definitive consultant to acing the FBI's rigorous choice process-for specific brokers in addition to expert help group of workers.
- Brilliant job hunting : how to get the job you want
- Interview Magic: Job Interview Secrets From America's Career and Life Coach
- Gallery of Best Resumes: A Collection of Quality Resumes by Professional Resume Writers
- Career Guide for the High-Tech Professional
- Life After...Business and Administrative Studies: A practical guide to life after your degree
- The Best Computer Jobs in America: 20 Minutes from Home
Additional info for 140 Job Search Nuggets for Managing Your Career and Landing Your Dream Job
JOBSEARCHtweet 41 Section III Cover Letters For many, cover letters are a topic shrouded in mystery and intrigue. When do you send one? Why should you send one? Does anyone read them? These are questions that I hear over and over again. This section contains tips designed to demystify the cover letter. 140 Job Search Nuggets for Landing Your Dream Job 36 Half of hiring managers read cover letters; the other half do not; but you never know which half you are dealing with, so always send one. 37 Put your cover letter in the body of the email to hiring managers.
140 Job Search Nuggets for Landing Your Dream Job 57 While face-to-face networking is always best, graciously accept an opportunity to chat by phone if that is what’s offered to you. #JOBSEARCHtweet 63 58 Work networking into your daily life: at your kid’s soccer game, church, and even in line at the bank. Everyone is a potential connection. 59 When networking, expect to give more than you get, and soon you will be getting a lot.
JOBSEARCHtweet 29 21 List core competencies, keywords or buzzwords for your job function/ industry on the resume to please recruiters and resume parsing software. 140 Job Search Nuggets for Landing Your Dream Job 22 Include months and years on your resume for any positions you were at for less than two years; omitting the months in short-tenured positions is deceptive. #JOBSEARCHtweet 31 23 If you were let go from several positions with short tenure due to a downsizing, explain that brieﬂy right on the resume.